Project Area Overview
Safety, Security and Savings Investments projects are typically systems-oriented upgrades supporting our strategy for Preparing and Preserving a Safe, Sustainable School System, and include:
(For detailed overview of each project, please click project areas to the left.)
- Life Safety Systems Upgrades – improvements to fire alarm and fire sprinkler systems, first responder access roads and other measures required or recommended by code.
- Accessibility Improvements – consistent with guidelines issued under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other regulations.
- Security Enhancements – continuing region-leading efforts in access control; networked door access, visitor management and audio/video surveillance; emergency radio, public address and classroom communications systems; lightning warning and emergency power systems and other improvements recommended under Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) guidelines.
- Transportation Safety Upgrades – vehicle replacements; consolidation of transportation yard operations; and enhanced school bus audio/video surveillance, location tracking and information sharing systems.
- Well Building Equipment Improvements – for a healthier, cleaner school environment, including new custodial and nursing equipment.
- Environmental Systems Renovations – to our stormwater drainage systems, drinking water/plumbing systems and other environmental work required by state regulation.
- Energy Systems Retrofits – to save money and improve indoor environmental quality at the same time, including Lighting, HVAC, water heating and windows systems replacements. We will also invest in solar and other renewable resource utilities systems with acceptable Return On Investment (ROI), consistent with the Board’s Environmental Sustainability Policy.