ParentSMART awarded PAT Blue Ribbon Affiliate status!
We at ParentSMART are proud to announce that we completed the Parents as Teachers National Center Quality Endorsement & Improvement Process and earned the highest designation: Blue Ribbon Affiliate status. Parents as Teachers provides early childhood organizations and professionals with information and tools that are innovative, relevant, and widely applicable across settings to today's parents, families and children. Find out more about our affiliate at https://www.rock-hill.k12.sc.us/domain/1141.
We are extremely proud to have achieved this endorsement and thankful for all of your support as we continue our work together supporting parents in their role as their child’s first teacher and empowering them to support their children to become successful in school as well as in life.
* Message from Parents as Teachers National Center *
On behalf of Parents as Teachers National Center, thank you for all your hard work, and congratulations on earning the Blue Ribbon! Parents as Teachers National Center is very pleased to award Rock Hill School District #3/ParentSmart-Partnership Parents as Teachers with a national Quality Endorsement in recognition of their excellent program operations and services to families.
As a reminder, the Parents as Teachers Quality Endorsement and Improvement Process helps ensure that Parents as Teachers affiliates are achieving fidelity to the Parents as Teachers model and facilitates continuous quality improvement. Parents as Teachers affiliates are required to engage in the Quality Endorsement and Improvement Process in their fourth year of implementation and every five years after that. Parents as Teachers’ rigorous endorsement process demonstrates an affiliate's accountability and credibility to the community, its funders, elected officials, and the partner organizations with which they work. Programs that earn the Quality Endorsement are recognized by Parents as Teachers National Center as exemplary Blue Ribbon Affiliates, delivering high-quality services to children and families.
Parent Education Partnership
ParentSMART began in 1995 as a mandate from the South Carolina State Department of Education under Act 135. The mandate stated that all school districts in the state would create Parent Education programs to support parents in their role as their child’s best and first teacher. For more than 25 years, ParentSMART has grown into much more, supporting families in their role as the child’s most influential teacher.
ParentSMART partners with parents to inspire lifelong learners.
ParentSMART is a nurturing community environment committed to providing leadership, educational support, resource information, and programs to collaborate with parents in their roles as their child’s first and most influential teacher.
Parents as Teachers Resources
South Carolina Resources
- South Carolina School Food Sites
- South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control: Coronovirus Diseases 2019 (Covid-19)
- SC DHEC Educational materials, fact sheets and videos
- Riverbank Zoo & Garden Facebook live stream each weekday
- SC ETV has quality educational programming for kids
- TogetherSC: Coronavirus Resources – Updated Daily
- Connecting You to Resources in Your Community
National Advisory Resources
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and Children Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
- Prevent Child Abuse America: Coronavirus Tips & Resources for Parents, Children and Communities
- National Association of School Psychologists: Talking to Children about Covid-19 (Coronavirus): A Parent Resource
- American Academy of Pediatrics: 2019 Novel Coronavirus
- Supporting Children’s Emotional Well-Being During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- PBS: How to Talk to Your Kids about Coronavirus
- Zero to Three: Tips for Families: Coronavirus
- Common Sense Media: Resources for Families
- Healthy Outcomes from Positive Experiences: HOPE, Engagement and Covid-19
- Talking to Your Kids About the Coronavirus
- How Parents Can Keep Kids Busy (and Learning) During the Quarantine
- Scholastic Learn at Home
- Google Arts and Culture
Inclement Weather Reminders from ParentSMART:
If Rock Hill Schools are on a delayed opening schedule due to weather related issues, or if there is early dismissal –
Family Literacy classes are canceled and Home Visits will be delayed or rescheduled.
If Rock Hill Schools are closed, ParentSMART is closed; Family Literacy classes and Home Visits are canceled.
Parents and guardians who have children in 4K (Central or ATC), Elementary, &/or Middle and High School, will be notified via the notification system (telephone call) from the District when schools are closed or delayed due to inclement weather.
(It is important to keep the school notified of any telephone number changes.)
Information about school closings due to inclement weather will be announced on the Rock Hill Schools app, website, social media and through local/Charlotte, NC news media.
Local News Media - CN2 and WRHI Charlotte Television Stations - WBTV, WSOC, WCCB and WCNC
Learning Outside the Box...
Parent Education Partnership
located in the
Sylvia Circle Family Learning Center
929 Sylvia Circle, Rock Hill, SC 29730-5768
Phone: 803.981.1557 Fax: 803.981.1906
Cindy Taubenkimel, Coordinator