Parent Education | Family Literacy
- ParentSMART began in 1995 as a mandate from the South Carolina State Department of Education under Act 135.
- The mandate stated that all school districts in the state would create Parent Education programs to support parents in their role as their child’s best and first teacher.
- For more than 25 years, ParentSMART has grown into much more, supporting families in their role as their child’s most influential teacher.
- ParentSMART partners with parents to inspire lifelong learners.
- ParentSMART is a nurturing community environment committed to providing leadership, educational support, resource information, and programs to collaborate with parents in their roles as their child’s first and most influential teacher.
Kids Don't Come with Instructions! ParentSMART is here to help!
Babies are born to learn, and you're their first, most influential teacher!
How do you help your child develop, learn, and grow to realize their full potential?
Call for more information about ParentSMART and the services that we provide!
Our Parent Educators can help!
Parents as Teachers® helps you understand your child's development and connects you to the resources you need to make the best choices for your family.
ParentSMART uses Parents as Teachers® curriculum to conduct free personal visits customized to your family's needs.
Please click here to complete a referral form.
Once completed, please email Cindy Taubenkimel CTaubenkimel@rhmail.org or fax your form to 803.981.1906.
For more information, please contact ParentSMART at 803.981.1557.
Thank you for your interest in ParentSMART! One of our Parent Educators will contact you soon!
TODAY is the day to learn something NEW...
Inclement Weather Reminders from ParentSMART:
If Rock Hill Schools are on a delayed opening schedule due to weather related issues, or if there is early dismissal –
Family Literacy classes are canceled and Home Visits will be delayed or rescheduled.
If Rock Hill Schools are closed, ParentSMART is closed; Family Literacy classes and Home Visits are canceled.
Parents and guardians who have children in 4K (Central or ATC), Elementary, &/or Middle and High School, will be notified via the notification system (telephone call) from the District when schools are closed or delayed due to inclement weather.
(It is important to keep the school notified of any telephone number changes.)
Information about school closings due to inclement weather will be announced on the Rock Hill Schools app, website, social media and through local/Charlotte, NC news media.
Local News Media - CN2 and WRHI Charlotte Television Stations - WBTV, WSOC, WCCB and WCNC