Listen and Learn
As a means to create an open and honest dialogue with district employees, parents, and key community groups, Dr. Cook hosts a series of Listen and Learn sessions throughout the year.
Every month, a group of teachers representing all schools attend an interactive two-hour session in which questions and concerned are shared directly with district leaders who are able to provide responses. Following each monthly, a publication is shared electronically with all 2,400 employees which details the questions and answers from each Teacher Listen and Learn.
Additionally, Dr. Cook meets with Realtors, faith community leaders, parents and community through additional focused opportunities to learn from each group.
Dr. Cook met with area Realtors on September 10, 2019, and will meet with faith community leaders on October 30, 2019. Additional opportunities to meet with Pre-School Providers/Partners and others will be scheduled.
2019-2020 Teacher Listen and Learn Dates
- September 2019
- Wednesday, October 23 - 7:30 a.m. - Central Office
- Friday, November 22 - 7:30 a.m. - Central Office
- Wednesday, December 4 - 7:30 a.m. - Central Office
- Friday, January 24 - 7:30 a.m. - Central Office
- Wednesday, February 12 - 7:30 a.m. - Central Office
- Thursday, March 19 - 7:30 a.m. - Central Office
- Wednesday, April 22 - 7:30 a.m. - Central Office
2018-2019 Teacher Listen and Learn Publications
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019