Additions and Renovations to Related and Performing Arts Classrooms
Based on Functional Assessment of Comprehensive Facilities Condition Assessment (FCA) of 2017.
- PE Rooms/Gyms, Art, Music Rooms at Elementary level.
- Band, Orchestra, Chorus Rooms and Drama spaces for Middle School and High School level.
- Includes auditorium systems renovations but not auditorium additions.
Functional Analysis on Facilities Condition Assessment (FCA) noted biggest deficiency as size of elementary physical education rooms. Other concerns noted by district planners include deteriorated finishes, acoustics and equipment in art, music, band and chorus rooms and auditoriums. Full renovation/expansion of art and music rooms at selected schools is also needed. This project does not include auditorium renovations at NHS or RHHS, and does not include P.E room additions, as these are part of other project scopes in the master plan. This project also places priority on older schools designed under obsolete functional programs (pre-2000) but does not preclude specific investment in newer schools.
- Replace P.E. Room Equipment & Sound System at 13 Elementary Schools
- Renovate/Modernize Auditorium at South Pointe High School
- Renovate Art and Music Rooms at 9 Elementary Schools
- Renovate and Expand Art Rooms and Northwestern and Rock Hill high schools