State Report Cards
Understanding the Report Card
In November 2018, the South Carolina Department of Education released the new school and district report cards, the first Report Cards to contain ratings in four years and the first cards under South Carolina’s joint school accountability system. The new accountability system combines the state and federal accountability systems for public schools. The new online Report Cards reflect data elements and student performance information from the 2017–2018 school year.
The new report cards include data elements required by federal legislation governing accountability known as Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA). Within the new system, all elementary, middle, and high schools receive overall ratings based on a 100-point scale. Although school districts and primary schools will receive report cards, they will not be rated. The ratings follow terms South Carolina public schools are familiar with from previous school rating systems: Excellent, Good, Average, Below Average, and Unsatisfactory. Schools also receive ratings on seven out of the ten key report card indicators which contain vital information about schools and districts on how well students performed on state and national assessments, student growth, graduation rates, English language proficiency, student engagement, safety, classroom learning environment and more.
While the rating terms look the same from past State Report Cards, you are cautioned to not compare school ratings from previous years. In past years, the Report Card was largley based solely on academic achievement and standardized test results.
The Education Oversight Committee has made available a Guide To The 2018 SC School Report Cards.Understanding.
- Belleview Elementary School
- Ebenezer Avenue Elementary School
- Ebinport Elementary School
- Finley Road Elementary School
- Independence Elementary School
- India Hook Elementary School
- Lesslie Elementary School
- Mt. Gallant Elementary School
- Mt. Holly Elementary School
- Northside Elementary School
- Oakdale Elementary School
- Old Pointe Elementary School
- Richmond Drive Elementary School
- Rosewood Elementary School
- Sunset Park Center for Accelerated Studies
- York Road Elementary School
- Castle Heights Middle School
- Dutchman Creek Middle School
- Rawlinson Road Middle School
- Saluda Trail Middle School
- Sullivan Middle School