State Report Cards
Understanding the Report Card
In November 2018, the South Carolina Department of Education released the new school and district report cards, the first Report Cards to contain ratings in four years and the first cards under South Carolina’s joint school accountability system. The new accountability system combines the state and federal accountability systems for public schools. The new online Report Cards reflect data elements and student performance information from the 2017–2018 school year.
The report cards include data elements required by federal legislation governing accountability, known as the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA). Within the system, all elementary, middle, and high schools receive overall ratings based on a 100-point scale. The ratings follow terms South Carolina public schools are familiar with from previous school rating systems: Excellent, Good, Average, Below Average, and Unsatisfactory. Schools receive ratings on key report card indicators which contain vital information about schools and districts on how well students performed on state and national assessments, student growth, graduation rates, English language proficiency, student engagement, safety, classroom learning environment, and more.
Under the Every Student Succeeds Act, states must identify schools that meet certain criteria that classify them as schools in need of improvement. The South Carolina Department of Education has developed a South Carolina School Improvement Designation document explaining the criteria, identifications, and support these schools receive. Information about continuous school improvement programs is available on the state's website.
While the rating terms look the same from past State Report Cards, you are cautioned to not compare school ratings from previous years. In past years, the Report Card was largely based solely on academic achievement and standardized test results.
- Cherry Park Elementary School
- Ebenezer Avenue Elementary School
- Ebinport Elementary School
- Independence Elementary School
- India Hook Elementary School
- Lesslie Elementary School
- Mt. Gallant Elementary School
- Mt. Holly Elementary School
- Northside Elementary School
- Oakdale Elementary School
- Old Pointe Elementary School
- Richmond Drive Elementary School
- Sunset Park Center for Accelerated Studies
- York Road Elementary School
- Castle Heights Middle School
- Dutchman Creek Middle School
- Rawlinson Road Middle School
- Saluda Trail Middle School
- Sullivan Middle School