FAQ - Certified Hiring Process
1) What is a certified job?
A certified job is a district position that requires the applicant to hold a valid South Carolina teaching certificate with Highly Qualified status, if applicable.
2) What are the requirements of a certified position?
The requirements of each position are posted on our Job Postings webpage. Click on the position for a list of requirements.
3) How do I apply for a certified position?
Complete an online application. Once you have completed this application and have three (3) online references, call the Personnel Department at (803) 981-1024 to advise that the application is ready.
4) What happens next?
The district conducts pre-screening interviews with viable applicants to build a pool of approved candidates. Once we have a completed application on-hand, we will review it to see if we have a position for which you are qualified and contact you to schedule a pre-screening interview.
5) How do I know which positions are open?
Job openings are posted on our website, www.rock-hill.k12.sc.us.
6) How much does a certified position pay?
Rock Hill Schools teacher pay is determined by the education level and years of experience documented on a South Carolina teaching certificate. Click here to view salary scales.
7) If I apply for a certified position, will I get an interview?
The hiring administrator is required to interview at least three candidates, if available, for each open position. Many times s/he may interview many more. The district strives to pre-screen the most qualified and best matched applicants for the particular open position.
8) If I am not called for an interview, how many times may I express interest in open positions?
You may express interest as many times as you like. If there is no activity on your application, we reserve the right to purge your application after one year.
9) Do I need to send in a new application for each different type of position?
You may express interest for any certified position with just one active certified application. If you are interested in a non-certified or administrative position, however, you will need to complete that type of application and submit it to Personnel.
10) Can I contact the schools and/or principals regarding openings in their schools?
All employment activity should funnel through the Personnel Department. We request you do not contact the school staff. The hiring administrator will have electronic access to see your application and/or resume and references, normally within one working day.
11) If I am offered a position and accept, what do I do next?
Upon acceptance, the hiring manager will send a Employee Recommendation Form to the Personnel Department. We will contact you when your paperwork is ready to be signed. You should bring two forms of identification, such as a driver’s license and social security card.
12) Whom do I call for more information?
You may contact the Personnel Department at 981-1024.