The School Board authorizes the superintendent or his/her designee to make exceptions to the attendance zone requirement when he/she determines attending the zoned school presents a hardship for the student and/or family. Transfer requests will be accepted from parents/legal guardians from Feb. 1 through Feb. 28 each year, unless extenuating circumstances exist.
Transfer request criteria are as follows:
- Problems related to severe medical conditions documented on letterhead by a physician.
- Limited child care availability.
- Students assigned to an out of zone school by Exceptional Student Services - siblings may apply for a transfer to the same out of zone school.
- Completion of last grade level at previously assigned school. Applies to students completing the 5th, 8th, or 12th grade only.
- Extraordinary circumstances involving sudden traumatic family situations. Documentation may be requested.
Due to considerable growth and school capacity concerns, requests based on convenience, proximity to a school, specific program, or conflicts within the school environment are not included in policy criteria and will not be approved.