Philip Land, class of 2002, graduated from Hampden-Sydney College with a B.A. in 2006 from USC with a JD in 2011, and was admiited to the SC Bar in 2011. He is a business lawyer who helps companies and their owners form business entities, purchase and sell assets and equity, enter into commercial transactions and structure tax incentives to facilitate new investment and expansion in South Carolina.
Prior to joining Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd, Philip was the Piedmont Regional Outreach Director for the Office of U.S. Senator Lindsey Graham. In this role, he served as the Senator’s liaison to various constituent groups, including public and private economic development entities, utility providers, municipalities, trade associations and private businesses. He also helped projects receive funding from the US Economic Development Administration.
Philip’s experience includes:
- • Mergers and acquisitions
- • Fee in lieu of tax and special source revenue credit arrangements for relocating and expanding businesses
- • Abandoned building and textile revitalization credits for renovation projects
- • Job tax and job development credits for businesses hiring new employees
- • Lending and security agreements for seller-financed deals
- • Lease agreements for real estate, buildings, equipment, and employees
- • Privatization of public assets
- • Non-compete, earn-out, and other employment related agreements
- • Corporate formation and entity structure evaluation for domestic and international companies