Working together with the student, the parent, and the community, Northwestern High School will establish a strong foundation for lifelong learning by nurturing, challenging, and guiding all students toward their maximum academic, vocational, artistic, physical, social, and emotional potential.
Our staff believes:
- All individuals are unique and have intrinsic worth.
- The foundation for unlimited learning is critical reading and thinking.
- An atmosphere should be created in which students from all cultural backgrounds are treated with dignity.
- The educational and social atmospheres foster an appreciation of students from all cultural backgrounds.
- Instructional practices should incorporate learning activities that take into account different learning styles.
- A safe and disciplined environment is necessary for learning.
- A goal of education is to nurture social responsibility, which is enhanced through positive relationships and mutual respect among students and staff.
- Parents/guardians, educators, students, and community members must be active partners in a successful educational process.
- Staff development must be an ongoing process to provide the most current education in technology.
- To establish a professional tone, it is essential to have superior staff support and development, physical facilities, and planning.