Northwestern High School is a public high school in Rock Hill Schools. The city of Rock Hill is located just south of Charlotte, North Carolina.
Northwestern High School:
- Has a current enrollment of 1788 students
- Is a comprehensive high school for grades 9-12
- Is accredited by the State of South Carolina and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)
- Utilizes a 4 X 4 block schedule
More than two hundred courses are offered, including International Baccalaureate, Advanced Placement, Dual Credit, Honors, College-Preparatory, and Applied Technology courses.
- International Baccalaureate:
Biology HL; Chemistry; English HL; French SL; History of the Americas HL: Information Technology in a Global Society; Math Studies SL; Mathematics SL; Music SL; Spanish B SL; Twentieth Century History Topics; Theory of Knowledge
- Advanced Placement:
American History; Art; Biology; Calculus AB; Chemistry; Computer Science; English Language & Composition; European History; Spanish
- Dual Credit:
Anatomy & Physiology 101; Calculus/Math 140; Criminal Justice 101; English Composition 101/102; History 101/102; Intro. to Forensic Science 150; Math 101; Psychology 101; Teacher Cadet 101
Art; Band; Biology; Chemistry; Chorus; Civil Engineering & Architecture; Digital Electronics; French; Physics; Pre-calculus; Spanish
The graduating class of 2019 consisted of 418 students.
- 66% continuing directly to college
- 39% attending 4-year colleges
- 27% attending 2-year colleges
220 students took the SAT with an average composite score of 1096.
- Mean evidence-based reading & writing: 566
- Mean math: 530
438 students took the ACT with an average composite score of 18.2.
4 units Math 4 units U.S. History 1 unit Gov/Econ 1 unit Other Social Studies 1 unit Science 3 units Physical Education 1 unit Health Combination 1 unit Computer Science 1 unit Electives 7 units TOTAL REQUIRED 24 units
- Students receiving an Occupational Diploma receive no Carnegie units or credits for courses.
For more information on the South Carolina Uniform Grading Policy, please visit:
Faculty Information - Degrees Earned
Bachelor's Degree 33 Bachelor's Degree plus 18 hours 6 Master's Degree 54 Master's Degree plus 30 hours 14 Doctorate 3 National Board Certified 16
Counselors - Alphabetical Caseloads
Debbie Cabaniss A - Co Bridget Elmore Cr - Go Kim Howell Gr - K Christine Burkhart L - M Maurice Herrington N - Si Shayla Scott Sk - Z