What is PowerSchool?The state of South Carolina public schools uses PowerSchool student information system (SIS) to manage all aspects of student data management including attendance, grading and reporting. One of the components of PowerSchool is an online portal that students and parents can use to view password-protected attendance and grade information. Keeping up to date with your child's progress in classes and talking with them about their assignments and grades is a great way for you to help them be successful.
Here are some tips to help you get the most value from the PowerSchool Parent Portal:
1. Look at grades and assignments with your child.
2. Check grades and attendance regularly.
3. Ask you child to explain assignments and grades.
4. Contact the teacher if you need further information about an assignment or grade.
- Parent and Student Login Instructions
- PowerSchool Portal
What is Canvas?
Canvas is a learning management system. It provides a way to simplify teaching and learning by connecting all the digital tools teachers use
in one easy place. Are you a parent of a Canvas User?
Creating a Canvas Account as a parent
Canvas provides a way for parents and guardians to view their student's progress and content in each course.
As an Observer, parents and guardians can link their Canvas account to their student's account so they can see assignment dues dates, announcements, and other course content and information. Remember, Observers can view the course content but cannot participate in the course.
1. OPEN CANVAS URL
Click on the link below to access the Rock Hill Schools Canvas URL.
2. CLICK TO REGISTER
Click the account link at the top of the page. If you already have an account, you can just log in with your credentials.
3. ENTER SIGNUP DETAILS
Enter the following information:
- Enter your name in the name field (1).
- Enter your email in the email field (2).
- Enter your child's username in the child's username field (3) (for third to seventh grades, this is First Initial, Last Initial, then last five digits of the lunch code for example CM12345; for eighth through twelfth grades, use the entire PowerSchool number). You can call your child's teacher for assistance with this.
- Enter your child's password in the child's password field (4). For all students this is the eight digits of their birthdate MMDDYYYY.
- Click the Start Participating button (6).
4. USE CANVAS
While your account is not entirely set up, you can begin participating in Canvas immediately by clicking the GET STARTED button.
To finish registering for Canvas, log into your email account (See steps 5 and 6).
5. COMPLETE REGISTRATION PROCESS
Open the email from Instructure Canvas. Click the link provided to visit the provided URL and complete the registration process.
6. REGISTER FOR A PARENT ACCOUNT
To complete the registration process fill out the following fields:
7. VIEW USER DASHBOARDView the user dashboard for your Canvas account.8. VIEW COURSEIn Global Navigation, click the Courses link (1), then click the name of the course (2).
- Verify your email in the login field (1).
- Set your password by typing in the password field (2).
- Set your timezone by selecting the time zone drop-down menu (3).
- Click the Register button (4). You will be redirected to the Canvas URL login page for your account.
Click here for an account.