School Improvement Council
The School Improvement Council (SIC) serves as an advisory committee for the school. Unlike voluntary school organizations, the SIC is mandated by law to exist in every public school in South Carolina. SICs play a key role in the education of our state's children, bringing together parents, educators and community stakeholders to collaborate on the improvement of their local school. (To learn more about SICs in South Carolina, please visit the website for the SC SIC.)
For the 2019-20 school year, SIC will work on these goals in alignment with the school:
- Teacher Retention
- School Climate of Empathy-S.O.A.R. Showing our Appreciation and Respect
- School Safety
through partnership with Carolina Family Engagement Center (CFEC)
During the last few years, the SIC has assisted in:
- updating our strategic plan and school mission statement
- helped conduct a comprehensive study of school safety
- improved parent communication through Enews and Social Media
- conducted forums to inform the school community of education-related issues
- serving on school of choice committees for the district
We'd love to have you join us! Meetings are held on the 3rd Tuesday of each month 5:30pm-6:30pm in SMS Conference Room.
Meeting dates are located on the Sullivan Calendar.
SIC Chair for 2019-20 is Kelly Scott. She can be contacted at email@example.com
Elections for SIC are held each September or October. Check back for exact date.
Our vision is to create a culture in which the school and community foster academic excellence and the social development of all students in a safe and inviting environment.