IB Mission Statement
The International Baccalaureate® aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect. The IB Learner Profile:
• INQUIRERS: We nurture our curiosity, developing skills for inquiry and research. We know how to learn independently and with others. We learn with enthusiasm and sustain our love of learning throughout life.
• KNOWLEDGEABLE: We develop and use conceptual understanding, exploring knowledge across a range of disciplines. We engage with issues and ideas that have local and global significance.
• THINKERS: We use critical and creative thinking skills to analyze and take responsible action on complex problems. We exercise initiative in making reasoned, ethical decisions.
• COMMUNICATORS: We express ourselves confidently and creatively in more than one language and in many ways. We collaborate effectively, listening carefully to the perspectives of other individuals and groups.
• PRINCIPLED: We act with integrity and honesty, with a strong sense of fairness and justice, and with respect for the dignity and rights of people everywhere. We take responsibility for our actions and their consequences.
• OPEN-MINDED: We critically appreciate our own cultures and personal histories, as well as the values and traditions of others. We seek and evaluate a range of points of view, and we are willing to grow from the experience.
• CARING: We show empathy, compassion and respect. We have a commitment to service, and we act to make a positive difference in the lives of others and in the world around us.
• RISK-TAKERS: We approach uncertainty with forethought and determination; we work independently and cooperatively to explore new ideas and innovative strategies. We are resourceful and resilient in the face of challenges and change.
• BALANCED: We understand the importance of balancing different aspects of our lives— intellectual, physical, and emotional—to achieve well-being for ourselves and others. We recognize our interdependence with other people and with the world in which we live.
• REFLECTIVE: We thoughtfully consider the world and our own ideas and experience. We work to understand our strengths and weaknesses in order to support our learning and personal development.
Sullivan Middle School An IB MYP School
Sullivan Middle School offers a fully authorized International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme. While experiencing an internationally focused, SC standards-based education, students develop their sense of self-identity and culture. Throughout the program, students have opportunities for unique off-campus field studies. Students are encouraged to become well-rounded world citizens, while progressing through a rigorous program of study, which includes second language instruction throughout the entire three years of middle school.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------For additional information on the School of Choice application process, please view the Rock Hill School District's School of Choice webpage.
For more details about the application process or Sullivan Middle School contact:
Application Process Sullivan Middle School Dr. Joya Holmes Kallie Cromer Executive Director of Professional IB Coordinator Learning & School Choice (803)981-1450 Rock Hill Schools firstname.lastname@example.org 803 981-1000 JHolmes@rhmail.org