School Choice Application - Available January 7 until February 17, 2017
Traditionally, children are assigned to a public school according to where they live. Rock Hill Schools recognizes that each student is unique and our choice/magnet programs are designed to help meet those needs and to nurture students’ talents, interests and aptitudes. School choice programs foster parental involvement and high expectations, and gives parents the opportunity to choose the school that will meet their child’s needs.
Accelerated Studies- Available Grades K-5
- Learning is enhanced through technology infusion, student choice, research opportunities, and expeditionary learning challenges.
- Learning is differentiated based on specific needs of students, high levels of academic challenge, and strategies for students with special needs
Arts- Available Grades K-5
- Learning is based on the integration of dance, drama, music and visual art.
- Learning is enriched through the arts and provides opportunities for all students to succeed by increasing self-confidence, self-expression, and self-discipline
International Baccalaureate- Available Grades K-12
- Learning helps students establish personal values as a foundation upon which international-mindedness will develop and flourish.
- Learning experiences develop an appreciation of and respect for other cultures through integrated instruction, global problem exploration, and critical thinking.
Inquiry- Available Grades 3-5
- Learning is a natural process that requires conversation, feedback, and reflection.
- Learning is a process that requires students to view and respect the world through multiple perspectives.
Language Immersion- Available Grades K-5
- Learning occurs in Spanish or French for 50% of instruction and in English.
- Learning in a bilingual environment increases flexibility in thinking.
Montessori- Available Grades PK-2
- Learning is based on student choice and a hands-on discovery model.
- Learning is in the context of a multi-age classroom.
STEAM- Available Grades K-12
- Learning is grounded in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math.
- Learning is problem-based and project based across all grades.
Visit the Choice Fairs
- Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - Sullivan Middle School - 1825 Eden Terrace - 6 - 8 p.m.
- Thursday, January 26, 2017 - Kenneth Monroe Transformation Center - 985 Saluda Street - 6 - 8 p.m.
Schedule School Visits
- Contact schools directly to join a campus tour and see students engaged in each program!
- The online application will be available January 7 through February 17. Notification of acceptance will be during during early March. See links at top of this page to apply.
We offer various models of choice including school-wide programs and school-within-a-school programs:
- Children's School at Sylvia Circle (Montessori)
- Ebenezer Avenue Elementary School (Inquiry)
- Ebinport Elementary School (Language Immersion)
- Northside Elementary School for the Arts (Arts Integration)
- Oakdale Elementary School (Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math)
- Richmond Drive Elementary School (Language Immersion)
- Rosewood Elementary International School (Language Immersion and International Baccalaureate Early Years Program)
- Saluda Trail Middle School (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, & Math)
- South Pointe High School (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, & Math)
- Sullivan Middle School (International Baccalaureate Middle Years Program)
- Sunset Park Center for Accelerated Studies (Gifted & Talented)