The Accelerated Studies at Sunset Park Center has a mission and vision that “we will create a child-centered learning environment where all children will learn at high levels.” The program integrates a highly advanced program throughout the school to nurture the gifts and talents of every student to help them grow academically.
How It Works:
- Gifted and Talented Cluster Classes in third, fourth, and fifth grades, receive all day instruction in every content area
- All academic teachers have a special certification to teach Gifted and Talented students.
- Students will be challenged to maximize their potential through a rigorous and accelerated curriculum that will match their individual needs.
- Students choose and participate in a club-based enrichment cluster, including music, legos, pottery, etc.
- Program offers opportunities for student development and growth outside of the classrom