Sullivan Middle School is the only middle school in our district to be a Winthrop University Professional Development partner school.
What does that mean to you and our students?
We are proud to host a range of Winthrop students and initiatives at our school:
- Students who are interning as teachers and counselors.
- Students are developing educational technology skills.
- Pre-education majors who are building their knowledge of exceptional student education and education of English language learners.
- Sullivan faculty enrolling in READ615 and READ616 to build their skills with English language learners and struggling readers.
- The creation of a World Culture Club in which Winthrop international students share their home cultures with Sullivan students (including games and stories).
This video provides more information about our relationship with Winthrop University: