School Improvement Council
Our School Improvement Plan is at the bottom of this page.
Purpose and Responsibility
The purpose and responsibility of the Rock Hill High School Improvement Council will be to:
- Serve the school in an advisory and support role, bringing together parents, educators, and community members to collaborate on the continuous improvement of the school;
- Be involved in the schools’ School Renewal Plan by participating in developing the plan and assisting in implementing and evaluating the outcomes of the plan;
- Assist in preparation of annual Plan updates;
- Write the annual Report to Parents about the school’s progress in meeting the plan's goals and objectives, due for distribution by April 30;
- Advise on the spending of any state incentive award funds (if allocated by the legislature and awarded to the school);
- Assist the principal in writing a brief explanatory narrative for inclusion in the annual School Report Card;
- Advise on the revision of the School Renewal Plan if the school is rated “At Risk” on the School Report Card;
- Provide other assistance that the principal may request as well as carrying out any other duties prescribed by the school board.
The council will not have any of the powers and duties reserved by law or regulation to the local school board.
Representation and Membership
Rock Hill High School Improvement Council will be composed of a minimum of 6 members (2 teachers, 2 parents, 2 representatives from the greater school community), not including ex-officio members. A ratio of two-thirds elected members to one-third appointed members would be maintained as mandated by state law, not including ex-officio members. Their respective peers will elect parents and teachers. The school principal will appoint community members with attention to the representation on the council in terms of race, sex, geography, grade level representation, or other variables important to the school. Membership will be staggered and members will be encouraged to serve two-year terms where appropriate (i.e. a parent still has a child in the school).
Meetings will be held the 3rd Monday of each month from 6-7pm and will alternate between Zoom and in-person meetings. Contact the SIC Chair for more information. In-person meetings will take place in the A-Building Conference Room (A106). When minutes are available, they will be linked below.
Meeting Minutes Archive
- 2019 May 13
- 2019 Apr 08
- 2019 Mar 11
- 2019 Feb 11
- 2019 Jan 14
- 2018 December meeting cancelled due to weather
- 2018 Nov 12
- 2018 Oct 08
- 2018 Sep 10
- 2018 Aug 27
- 2018 May 21
- 2018 Apr 16
- 2018 Mar 19
- 2018 Feb 20
- 2018 Jan 16
- 2017 Dec 18
- 2017 Nov 20
- 2017 Oct 16
- 2017 Sept 18
“Achievers are those who have re-defined impossible, changing 'what can't be done into 'a work in progress.'” – Richelle E. Goodrich