Early Childhood Education is a unique two-year program that serves as an avenue for college-bound students who are planning on a career in the education of young children or enter professional careers that involve children, such as pediatrics, social work, counseling, etc.
Program of Study:
- Exploring career options in Early Childhood Education
- Familiarization with Early Childhood Education programs
- All area of child development - prenatal, infant, toddler, pre-schooler, kindergartener, school-age child
- Positive guidance techniques
- Classroom management
- Storytelling methods and performance
- Manuscript writing
- Play/puppetry experiences
This is a hands-on class, where students explore the field of teaching by interacting with young children in meaningful educational experiences. Students will assemble a Pattern File, Activity File, create interactive Bulletin Boards, will participate in Service Learning activities, observe parents/caregivers/children, and will demonstrate cooperative skills when planning and carrying out various activities with peers and children.