HOSA - Health Occupation Students of AmericaHOSA WEEK
November 06, 2017 through November 10, 2017.The schedule is as follows:MONDAY: Judy Rauppius from Piedmont Tri County NAMI will present: In Our Own Voice: a presentation that represents individuals with a mental illnessTUESDAY: HOSA will host its own Walk a thon to support NAMI. Students will collect pledges to walk for awareness of mental illness.We will be walking with all HS students each block to support stamping out mental illnessWEDNESDAY: Students may pledge to be stigma free in support of recognizing mental illnessTHURSDAY: EMS Day: Mock accident 3rd block w/ life flight. Guest speakers each block from emergency servicesFRIDAY: Will be reserve as the make-up day for the Walk a thon in case of rain
HOSA is hosting a Mixed Bag fundraiser - Please click on this link to help fund HOSA
HOSA studens Walk for National Alliance on Mental Illness of the Piedmont Tri County Area
HOSA Competition Results 2018
16 competitors this year
· All Competitors advanced to round 2 (accept 1 team of CPR)
· SECOND ROUND COMPETITORS:
· 1 CPR/First Aid team
· 1 PT competitor
· 1 CNA competitor
· 3 testers: Behavioral Health and Medical Law and Ethics: Jodie Maietta placed Top 5
· 1 CERT team: placed Top 5
· 1 MRC Team: placed 3rd in state, will attend Nationals in Dallas, TX in June
Jody Maietta will have the opportunity to attend Nationals to replace the 3rd place competitor who will not be able to attend!
That’s 6 students attending nationals!
Final Bake Sale: 4/25-4/27 Ask students to bring in items to sell.
If we do not have a good response, we will not have it.
Each box of items is worth 2 points for participation to remain in the group
The MRC group qualified for International competition this year.
We can continue to add to our portfolio of MRC events.
These events will include:
- Canned Food drive: You could encourage members to bring in canned foods/dry goods to support the effort. Maybe even offer extra credit to your classes to support the drive.
- NAMI will be here to speak each block sharing the “In Our Own Voice” Presentation with students. Please plan to bring yours students each block
- We will follow this activity again with the Stigma Free pledge on computers in your own classes