7 Habits of Happy Kids
We are proud to announce that Independence Elementary School has implemented The Leader in Me program! We have created an exceptional environment where the practices and habits of The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Kids®are embedded into our daily lives and inherent in everything we do. The Leader in Me program defines our school’s operations, and is the guiding spirit behind our instructional practices, and leadership opportunities. Everyone has the opportunity to be a leader here!
We proudly display photos and information about Leadership opportunities on our school social media platforms!The Leader in Me is Franklin Covey’s whole school transformation process. It teaches 21st century leadership and life skills to students and creates a culture of student empowerment based on the idea that every child can be a leader. See Questions and Answers about The Leader in Me.
Schools should not merely be focused on improving test scores, but should provide opportunities for students to develop their full potential.
Content from The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People is a key component of the overall The Leader in Me process. The 7 Habits is a synthesis of universal, timeless principles of personal and interpersonal effectiveness, such as responsibility, vision, integrity, teamwork, collaboration and renewal, which are secular in nature and common to all people and cultures.The Leader in Me is also aligned to many national and state academic standards. The process teaches students the skills needed for academic success in any setting. These skills include critical thinking, goal setting, listening and speaking, self-directed learning, presentation-making and the ability to work in groups.Why is it good for my children?
- Problem Solving
- Initiative and Self-Direction
- Cross-Cultural Skills
- Teaches skills needed to be successful in a global society.
- Personal leadership – being accountable for actions and attitudes
- Initiative and self-discipline, making healthy choices
- Ability to work well with others, cross-culturally and in teams
- Effective communication and listening skills
- Ability to solve complex problems and creative thinking skills
- Inspires greater self-confidence with a belief that every child can be a “leader of their own life”, has unique talents and can make a difference
Please click on the links below to discover more information on The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Kids!
The Leader in Me Parents Guide - English
The Leader In Me Parent Guide - Spanish