What is PowerSchool?
The state of South Carolina public schools uses PowerSchool student information system (SIS) to manage all aspects of student data management including attendance, grading and reporting. One of the components of PowerSchool is an online portal that students and parents can use to view password-protected attendance and grade information. Keeping up to date with your child's progress in classes and talking with them about their assignments and grades is a great way for you to help them be successful.
Here are some tips to help you get the most value from the PowerSchool Parent Portal:
1. Look at grades and assignments with your child.
2. Check grades and attendance regularly.
3. Ask you child to explain assignments and grades.
4. Contact the teacher if you need further information about an assignment or grade.
Create a Parent Account for PowerSchool
Parent and Student Login Instructions For PowerSchool
A parent account allows you to view the information for one or more students with a single sign in. You can also manage your personal account preferences.
To create a parent account, enter the following information:
- Name - Your first and last name
- Email - Student notifications and correspondence related to your parent account will be sent to this email
- Desired Username - Your username is your unique PowerSchool identity
- Password - Your password must be at least 6 characters long
- Student Access Information - Information for a minimum of one student, including the student name, Access ID, Access Password, and your relationship to the student