The mission of Saluda Trail Middle School, working with parents and our community, is to provide a safe environment which promotes both academic excellence and self-esteem. Our goal is for students to achieve their maximum potential and become creative thinkers who respect the world around them.
Our STEAM School (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) provides an integrated curriculum with a focus on inquiry, questioning and opportunities for problem solving to think like an engineer.
GEARING UP FOR THE 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR:
STMS Core Beliefs:
- All individuals have intrinsic worth.
- All individuals can learn.
- Learning depends upon basic needs (physical, social, intellectual, artistic, and emotional) being met.
- Accepting diversity and providing opportunities to learn from individual differences enrich learning.
- Reading is the foundation for unlimited learning.
- Adults can enable students to fulfill their potential by developing positive relationships with them.
- Learning is promoted in an environment where taking educational risks is encouraged.
- Parents, teachers and staff, businesses, and community members are responsible for working interdependently to ensure the welfare and education of children.
- Our school will encourage students to become lifelong learners.
- All students must respect each other’s right to learn.
- Global and cultural awareness broadens a student’s perspective of themselves and the world around them.
- Learning to communicate is critical to an individual’s success.
- Service for others promotes good citizenship and global respect for our environment.
FOR PARENTS AND STAFF MEMBERS:
- ALL STAFF AND ALL FAMILIES SHOULD SAVE THE 2021-2022 ACADEMIC CALENDAR DATES FOUND HERE
- All STAFF AND STUDENTS WANTING TO ORDER STMS Spirit wear can purchase here
- Students May Wear any color polo shirt or may wear a spirit wear shirt as approved dress code shirts.
- Please see this video for more information on school dress code for students.
- ALL RETURNING STMS STUDENTS MUST RE-REGISTER HERE
- ALL NEW STUDENTS CAN ENROLL HERE
- OUR CHOICE FAMILIES CAN FIND INFORMATION HERE
- OUR RISING 6TH GRADE FAMILIES CAN FIND INFORMATION HERE
- All families can register for bus transportation here
- Virtual academy families can find information here
- All families can click here for information on child nutrition programs and eligibility for free or reduced meals
- All families interested in athletic information can find info here
- All families can find our community resource guide here
- All parents/guardians interested in partnering with us as volunteers can read more info here
- Thank you to all who attended the parent interest meeting on creation of a PTO/PTA. More details will come out as Open House approaches.
- The STMS School Supply List for all students Can Be Found Here.
- All families should mark their calendars for middle school open house on 8/26. 6-8 pm. Click here for a save the date.