According to SC Law, all children under 6 years old weighing under 40 pounds must ride in a forward facing car seat. All children under 6 years old weighing 40-80 pounds must be in a belt positioning booster seat. If you do not have the appropriate car seat or booster seat and cannot get one, please see Ms. Missy and she will help you get one. We cannot let children get into cars without the appropriate seats.
Full Day Programming 7:25 - 1:55
Half Day Programming
Morning Classes 7:25 a.m. – 9:55 a.m.
Afternoon Classes 11:25 a.m. – 1:55 p.m.
Bus Transportation Questions: 980 – 2022 or 980 - 2023
Bus Riders: Arrival and Dismissal
Morning Class Bus
Arrival: Your child will board the bus with neighborhood students, ride to the home school, and be transported from the home school to Central.
Dismissal: A bus will pick up your child at Central and bring him/her to your driveway.
Please be prepared to meet the bus as children are not allowed to leave a bus without an adult to receive them.
Afternoon Class Bus
Arrival: Your child will be picked up at your driveway and brought to school at approximately 11:00 a.m.
Dismissal: A bus will transport your child from Central to the home school to ride home with neighborhood elementary school students.
Car Riders: Arrival
Morning Drop-Off Time: 7:25 -7:35 a.m.
Afternoon Drop-Off Time: 11:25 – 11:35 a.m.
- If you are parking and walking your child up to the building, do not park in the spaces by the drop off line. Be sure to use the crosswalks to get across the car line. Parents are not allowed to walk their children to their classrooms. Staff is in the hallways to ensure each child gets to their classroom.
- If you are in the car line, stay in your car until a teacher opens the car door and lets your child out. Keep your child belted in the car until this time. For safety, teachers will open only the right passenger side door and your child must exit the vehicle from this door. Exit the car line as soon as the car in front of you moves and you can safely pull forward. Do not go around a stopped car.
- If you arrive after the doors have closed, you must drive to the front of the school, park in the side parking lot, and sign your child in at the office. The front loop is for bus traffic only.
Car Riders: Dismissal
Morning Dismissal Time: 9:55 a.m.
Afternoon Dismissal Time: 1:55 p.m.
- If you are parking and meeting your child at the door, do not park in the spaces by the drop off line. Cross at the crosswalk and stand outside the back door with your car rider tag. Your child will be called and delivered to you. Stop at the crosswalk until the safety guard indicates it is safe to cross. If you do not have your car tag, you must go to the front office to sign your child out. Be sure to bring in proper ID to sign your child out.
- If you are waiting for your child in the car line, please follow these steps to guarantee the safety of your child and the teachers:
- Make sure your car rider tag is visible so your child can be called. If you do not have your orange tag, you must park and go to the front office with proper ID to sign your cild out.
- Pull your car forward as directed by the teachers and place your car in "Park".
- The teachers will open the passenger door for your child to enter.
- Buckle your child into his/her car seat. Do not move your car until your child is buckled safely.
- Exit the car line as soon as the car in front of you moves and you can safely pull forward. Do not go around a stopped car.
- If you arrive after the doors have closed, come to the front of the school, park in the grassy parking lot, and come to the office with proper ID to sign your child out. The front circle is for bus traffic only.
** Our priority is keeping the children safe. We apologize for any inconveniences during the arrival and dismissal procedures. All school doors, except the front door facing Black Street, will be locked after arrival times.
Your child’s safety is our first and most important priority. Transportation changes will not be accepted after 9:40am (AM Session) and 1:40pm (PM Session/Full Day Classes). ****All transportation changes must be submitted in writing or made in person. ***This is in accordance with RHSD Board Policy JLIB Student Dismissal Precautions - For early or otherwise irregular dismissal the principal will authorize release only when it is requested in person or in writing by the student's parent/legal guardian.