Central Child Development Center for Pre-K
- Applications for our program are available at the following link: RHSD 4K Application
- Your child must be 4 years of age on or before September 1st.
- All families with completed applications will receive a letter with a date and time to bring your child to Central for a "play-based screening" which will be sometime in May or June. Your child should attend the screening in order to be considered for admission to our program.
- We will send out letters of admission soon after testing by early July. If your child does not get admitted, they will be placed on our waiting list.
- Central is a needs-based South Carolina Department of Education CERDEP program. Students must meet the at-risk criteria for eligibility for enrollment (For purposes of this programming, at-risk is defined as “annual family income of 185 percent or less of the federal poverty guidelines as promulgated annually by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, or Medicaid eligible”). *Proof of Income Eligibility is required. Acceptable forms of income verification may include current pay stubs, tax returns, W-2 forms, or a copy of the child’s Medicaid card. More information about CERDEP can be found here.
Please call 980-2060 for additional information.