Based on the Blue Ribbon Schools of Excellence (BRSE) national validated assessment process, Sunset Park Elementary School has met the required criteria in the nine performance areas of high-performing schools required for the Beacon award.
· Student Focus and Support
· School Organization and Culture
· Challenging Standards and Curriculum
· Active Teaching and Learning
· Technology and Integration
· Professional Community
· Leadership and Education Vitality
· School, Family, and Community Partnerships
· Indicators of Success
In addition to the comprehensive review process for the nine performance areas, stakeholder surveys, interviews, and a school visit were also completed.