Welcome to Rock Hill Schools Adult & Community Education (ACE), the primary provider of adult education classes in York County. Over 1000 students enroll in RHSACE programs every year at several different locations during the day and evening. As the largest adult education program in York County, we offer a variety of programs that provide educational opportunities in basic education, computer skills training, literacy, citizenship, and personal enrichment at sites throughout our district. RHSACE is committed to serving the life-long learning needs of the adults of our diverse community. We invite you to Make Rock Hill School’s ACE Your Place!
Our Vision & Mission
Our mission is to provide responsive, accessible & flexible educational programs that prepare adult learners to contribute, advance and succeed in the 21st Century workforce, to be responsible family and community members, and to embrace learning as a life-long process.
Adult education exists for you, the adults and families of Rock Hill and the surrounding area. Please let us know how we can better serve you by e-mailing or calling us with your comments and suggestions. We look forward to hearing from you!
Registration for Adult Ed classes are ongoing and start with a two day assessment in the TABE (Test of Adult Basic Education) and Ready to Work assessments.
Please note: Adults need to prepare to be here for 3 hours on Monday AND Tuesday of the beginning assessment phase.
Prospective Students are expected to:
- Call 803-981-1375 for an appointment and seat for the 2 days of assessments.
- Be here 15 minutes early to complete registration paperwork.
- Bring $20 Cash or Money order for the assessments.
- Present a Valid Photo ID at registration. (State Driver's license, Passport, State ID)
- Know their Social Security Number
- Plan to Assess for 3 hours on Monday AND Tuesday.
- Notify Rock Hill Adult Ed Assessment Administrator of any testing modifications that may be needed prior to the assessment. (Please bring any documents supporting modifications needed)
Who is eligible for Adult Education?
- Eligibility Requirements. To take the GED test in South Carolina if you're under 19, you must provide an official withdrawal form from the high school you previously attended.
- See your High School administrator.
When can I register for Adult Ed?
- Please call 803-981-1375 to schedule an assessment and get a seat for the 1st OR 3rd Monday of the month.
- Assesment times are 9:00AM or 5:00PM.
- Please see the website calendar for exact Intake and assessment dates.
When do classes begin?
- New students will begin classes the Monday following the week they assessment.
What are the fees associated with Adult Ed?
- There is a $20 class session fee that is due when classes begin. Additional testing fees for GED-ready and GED sub-tests are $6 each and $37.50 each, respectively.
- We have many community partners that may offer financial assistance, child care assistance, and/or transportation assistance to those who are eligible.
- In addition, scholoarships are available for eligible participants.