GED Test Subjects
The GED® test is made up of 4 subjects, broken into separate exams. You don’t have to take all 4 tests at once - you can space them out however it suits you and go at your own pace. Click on the following link to learn more about each specific test including length, topics & format. GED TEST SUBJECT DETAILS
South Carolina GED subtests COST $37.50 PER GED SUBJECT. ($150 for all 4 subjects) GED-ready's are $6 per test to see if you are ready and must be taken at the Flexible learning center to qualify for Scholarship money. SC initiative Scholarship money is available for students who participate and qualify. See qualifications below.
How can I qualify for the South Carolina Initiative Money Scholarship at Rock Hill Adult Ed?
- Complete the 2 days of TABE Assessments in Reading and Math (potentially 3 hours each day)
- Earn a Silver or higher on the WIN Career Readiness Assessment (generally given within the first 2 days of classes)
- Complete a Post Test in the TABE Assessments after 14 (3-hour) classes OR 40 hours, (class or distance hours) whichever comes first.
- Take a GED-ready ($6 each) and score a 148 or higher. Note: you can take as many GED ready's as you wish but they must be in our secure testing facility to qualify for scholarship money.
We want to help you get your GED AND GET it paid for by using SC Initiative money. Let our team of teachers help you to attain your Goals.
GED Preparation at the Flex Learning Center (Rock Hill Adult Ed)
Plan to attend a Registration/ Information meeting on a Monday 12-1 PM OR 7PM-8PM OR Wednesday 12-1 PM. Please call 803-981-1375 for the next available meeting to learn about our classes. If you would like to begin the paperwork process you can print off the following forms and bring them with you. Please know that all forms are confidential.
Location of the Flexible Learning Center
Adult Education Center
1234 Flint Street Ext.
Rock Hill, SC 29730
We offer GED preparation classes mornings and evenings and are open for learning:
- Monday through Thursday from 9 am to 12 noon - Morning Classes
- Monday and Tuesdays from 5:30 to 8:30 pm. - Evening Classes
** Access to the learning environment includes Math Boot Camps, Calculator Skills training, test taking skills, and Writing, Science and Social Studies workshops. Classes typically begin the Monday following the initial 2-days of TABE assessments in Reading and Math. You will be given your start date and access to the learning environment AFTER completion of the TABE assessments and WIN Career Readiness Assessment.
You will need a seat assignment for ALL Assessments.
Call 803-981-1375 to find out when the next Informational/Registration meeting is held!