Degrees and Certifications:
I have served in the military for 8 years with 1 tour in Iraq as combat engineer (route clearance searching for roadside IEDs). My wife is a 5th grade teacher for Gaston County Schools and we have a two year old daughter
School Security Officers will:
- Serve as a first responder to emergency incidents on school property. Coordinate with and assist law enforcement or other first responders upon their arrival.
- Patrol assigned buildings, parking lots, and grounds for illegal or suspicious activity or behavior, or dangerous situations, and respond appropriately within the authorities granted by law and District policy.
- Confront trespassers and unauthorized visitors to determine why they’re on campus and to prevent unlawful entry to campus.
- Check exterior and interior doors to ensure all doors are secured (lock and closed) and all door locks and card readers are operational and functioning properly.
- In coordination with school officials, assist with traffic control, traffic and pedestrian management, and parking before, during, and after school hours.
- Operate security systems, including video surveillance systems and two-way radios, to maximize security coverage and protection of the campus, and the peaceful conduct of school business.
- Document and report any evidence of criminal activity.