Rock Hill School District Athletic Rules
Effective January 1, 2017
- Any student athlete who has an in district transfer of address (any type change of address) during the 2nd semester of the 8th grade year through the 12th grade year will result in ineligibility to participate in sports for 365 days from the date of change of address.
- An appeal of eligibility may be made to the Athletic Appeals Committee within five days of ineligibility Appeals committee consists of 3 high school principals, one middle school administrator, and the associate superintendent for athletics.
- High school coaches will no longer meet with middle school athletes in the spring of the year. All athletic notices will be mailed to middle school students from the high school athletic
- High school coaches attending middle school events will attend as spectators. High school coaches will not be permitted on the middle school event sidelines, locker rooms, or team meeting High school coaches will not talk with middle school athletes or address middle school teams.
- No middle school student or rising 9th grade student should try out for a high school team unless the student resides in the high school zone at the time of the
- No middle school student or rising 9th grade student should practice with a team or workout with a team unless he/she resides in the high school zone at the time of the workout or
- If a coach, assistant coach, volunteer coach is found to be recruiting, or utilizing others In the community to recruit, he/she will be subject to losing his/her coaching position.