Castle Heights Dress Code 2023-2024
1. Shirts must have a collar and sleeves. Shirts can be any solid color. Styles of shirts include golf shirts, button-down shirts, or blouses. (Knit tops without buttons or low-cut in front are not acceptable.) Shirts must be long enough to be tucked in and have buttons. A solid color long-sleeved t-shirt may be worn under the collared shirt for warmth. Visible long-sleeved thermal underwear or chemises are not appropriate. Castle Heights swag (academic, team, fine arts, athletic t-shirts) may be worn with appropriate dress code bottoms.
2. Pants, skirts, shorts, capris, and skorts must be solid black, grey, navy, or khaki. Wind pants, sweatpants, blue denim jeans, corduroy material, or athletic/biker’s shorts are not permitted. Leggings are not acceptable except under dresses or skirts. Dresses or jumpers which meet the dress code standards are also allowed. All dresses, skirts, shorts, and skorts should be worn no shorter than four inches from the knee.
3. All pants, skirts, and shorts must be worn at the waist. (Low-rise trousers or pants are not appropriate.)
4. Solid color sweatshirts, hoodies, sweaters, or sweater vests may be worn over a collared shirt. Heavy/Outdoor Style coats may not be worn inside the building. Students may also wear their Castle Heights jacket/hoodie in the building during the school day.
5. As stated, heavy or bulky outerwear (coats and jackets) should be in lockers during class. If students are headed to outside lunch, all coats and jackets must be carried and put on when they get outside. Students should place these items back in their lockers upon return.
6. Caps, hats, and sunglasses may not be worn in the building during the school day. Due to safety concerns, students should not place hoodies on their heads in the building. Headgear such as stocking caps and bandanas are not permitted for male or female students. No hair rollers, picks, or combs are allowed in the hair while in school.
7. For safety reasons, shoes such as bedroom shoes, shower shoes, and those with spiked or very high heels should not be worn. We suggest that shoes, including sandals, have a back or heel strap that secures the foot. Be mindful that plastic shoes, such as Crocs, pose a safety hazard on rainy days.
8. Clothing should be worn with appropriate underclothing, and undergarments should not be visible. Clothing must be size appropriate.
9. Students should avoid clothing, hairstyle, or personal appearance that disrupts the instructional process.
If necessary, the administrative staff will meet to approve any attire not covered by the dress code. The principal reserves the right to waive these rules for special days, events, and occasions as predetermined and adequately communicated to students, parents/guardians, and staff. District board policy states the board reserves the right to bar from school students whose personal appearance is disruptive to the educational process and orderly operation of the school. Discretion to formulate reasonable dress codes is left to the administration.
Click here to download a printable version of the CHMS 2023 - 2024 Dress Code.