Rock Hill Schools Holiday Card Contest
Join in and participate!
The holidays are quickly approaching, and we are excited to highlight our many talented students!
Announcing the Rock Hill Schools Holiday Card contest.
This year we will feature many designs from selected students on our website, social media, and award prizes in three categories: Elementary, Middle, and High School. One student from each category will have their artwork printed on cards and used to represent Rock Hill Schools to our community. We encourage all students to use their amazing talent to submit a holiday card entry. Please see the complete holiday card rules guidelines below. Entries will be accepted until November 19, 2021. There will be multiple prizes awarded. Look for more details coming soon!
Holiday Card Guidelines for Students:
- A 5 x 7-inch cut paper (either vertically or horizontally) with the words “Happy Holidays!” as part of the design. *See Mrs. Ellison (Art Teacher) if you need paper!*
- Designs can be hand-drawn/painted or with glued paper but must be original art! (No stickers or clipart)
- Submit with a card/paper attached to the back with the following information:
--------Email (or best way to contact)
4. Submit Designs to your classroom teacher or Mrs. Ellison by November 16th!
5. The most important guideline - Be Creative!
WAYS TO SUPPORT OUR DRAGONS AND PTO
Please share this information with family and friends!
- Amazon Smile - Choose Oakdale Elementary and Amazon will donate .5% of your purchase at no cost to you!
- Coke Cap Codes - Through Coca-Cola Give, you can support our school by donating your codes. We will be able to use donated funds for extra-curricular activities including sports, technology, art and/or school supplies within your school.
- Dragon Donors - See details below.
- Get your Oakdale Dragon Swag now before it's too late! Sale ends October 1! Order form below or remind your child to grab one from the office! Make checks payable to Oakdale Elementary PTO. Payment must be with your order to be accepted.
- Our next PTO meetings is Tuesday, October 12 at 6p - Virtual
- Oakdale STEAM Spirit Nights: Hwy 55 Burgers on October 6 from 5-8p
- Questions/Ideas? Contact PTO at OakdalePTO1@gmail.com
PTO will be selling the delicious Tastebuds Gourmet Popcorn again this November! Prepare yourself! Prices are $6, $8, and $10. From what I've heard, you do not want to miss out on this and your purchase benefits our Dragons!
This year, all Technology Protection Plan (TPP) fees may be paid online! The technology fee is $35 per student. The cost covers:
- $35 – Technology Protection Plan covers one damage in the 21-22 school year. Additional damages after the first should be charged by the school and paid into the same account where TPP is deposited.
- $40 – Replacement charger. If students need a charger, the family should be charged by the school. The $35 TPP DOES NOT COVER the cost of a replacement charger.
- $18 – Laptop Case replacement. All devices are expected to be in cases AT ALL TIMES. If students need a replacement case, the school should charge the student $18.
- You may pay the $35 fee now by visiting the website linked below for Oakdale STEAM. https://rockhillsc.csiepay.com/Views/Payment/Pay.aspxrockhillsc.csiepay.com/views/payment
A call center has been established for the Rock Hill Virtual Academy to give our students and their parents easier access to needed support. The center is staffed each week day between 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. If there is a technology question specific to the virtual academy, please contact 803-324-RHSV (7478).
Will your child be a bus rider? Be sure to complete the Bus Transportation Form below:
The Transportation Department plans to begin posting routes on August 17th.
Do you have the MyStop App? This tool will allow parents and students to see exactly where the bus is on morning and afternoon routes. This helps to reduce wait times at bus stops and ensures parents know where children are in the afternoon in the event of transportation delays, for example. Click here to learn more about the MyStop App.
Below is a great at home resource from SCETV and SC Department of Education to use with your children for all grades PK-12. Click the link for details.
Greetings Oakdale Families.
Below are links to help you stay connected to Ms. Peasron, our school counselor. She is available to help you through our current global situation with Covid-19. Please use these links to share your concerns and/or allow your children to stay connected as well.
FOR PARENTS:FOR STUDENTS:Student Check In Link: https://forms.gle/M3ew2UkPKL6GvcGs6
The link below contains online resources for students to access while they are not in school. These are additional resources to help your child stay focused on educational skills.