- RHS Enrollment
District announces graduation date and location
Due to circumstances beyond its control, the Rock Hill Schools Class of 2021graduation date and location have been changed to better meet the health and safety of graduates and families in attendance. In partnership with the City of Rock Hill, graduation will be held at the Rock Hill Sports and Event Center located in the University Center development in the city’s Knowledge Park district on Thursday, June 24.
The district was informed that the Winthrop Coliseum, which has been the traditional site for graduation for more than 30 years, would not be available for graduation ceremonies. Upon receiving this information, the district along with high school principals began evaluating alternate options for graduation ceremonies. On-campus and outdoor stadium ceremonies were considered for each school. However, the unpredictable weather of late June coupled with the risks associated with heat for graduates and guests led the district to pursue an alternate indoor venue. The district has determined that graduation ceremonies will take place in a single location on one day with each school maintaining an individual ceremony. The following conditions have been presented to city leadership and approved for the ceremonies:
- Time:10 a.m. (Northwestern), 2 p.m. (South Pointe), 6 p.m. (Rock Hill)
- Guests:2 tickets per graduate will be provided. Families will be asked to sit together and social distance from other guests under current CDC/DHEC guidelines.
- Masks:Masks will be required under the current CDC/DHEC guidelines.
- Parking: Parking will be available in the adjacent parking garage. If needed, shuttle service will be provided from nearby District Three Stadium for guests attending the ceremonies.
- Livestreaming:All graduation ceremonies will be live streamed for those unable to attend. Live and on-demand viewing will be available on district social media platforms and the district website. A rebroadcast of each ceremony will air on Comporium Channel 114 in July.
Schools will provide more specific details pertaining to their individual ceremonies once they are available. Please note that due to unforeseen circumstances these plans could change prior to the events. If changes are required, the district will notify parents as soon as they are determined.
The district regrets any inconvenience the necessary change in date may cause our families. It remains our goal to honor our graduates and their families. We look forward to doing so with an in-person ceremony on June 24, 2021.