- RHS Enrollment
Apply Now f or School Choice Programs
ROCK HILL — Options abound for students in Rock Hill and parents have an opportunity to learn more about the applying to schools of choice in January and February through a series of virtual information sessions hosted by each program.
Due to safety restrictions for hosting visitors on campus, each school that is offering choice programming for the 2021-2022 school year is hosting online information sessions to help parents and students gain a better understanding of the myriad of options available to students within the Rock Hill School District. For more information about each program and to register for upcoming information sessions, please visit www.rock-hill.k12.sc.us/choice. On our choice website, you may review program descriptions and watch videos to see inside the schools and hear from current and former students and parents about the benefits each has experienced through the choice program.
The district currently has seven choice programs that are linked to a distinctive course of study. Each program seeks to develop engaging and meaningful opportunities for students at the elementary, middle, and high school levels.
We currently offer:
- Accelerated Studies offered at Sunset Park Center for Accelerated Studies
- Arts offered at Northside Elementary School of the Arts
- International Baccalaureate at Rosewood Elementary, Sullivan Middle, Northwestern High, Rock Hill High, and South Pointe High
- Inquiry offered at Ebenezer Avenue Elementary
- Language Immersion offered at Cherry Park Elementary School of Language Immersion
- Montessori offered at Ebenezer Avenue Elementary
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math (STEAM) offered at Oakdale Elementary, Saluda Trail Middle, and South Pointe High
Traditionally, children are assigned to a public school according to where they live. Rock Hill Schools recognizes that each student is unique, and our choice programs offer families options to best meet the needs of each child and to nurture students’ talents, interests and aptitudes. Like traditional school settings, choice programs foster parental involvement and high expectations, and give parents the opportunity to choose the school that will meet their child’s needs. This is not achieved at the expense of traditional schools. Rather, all of our schools offer outstanding instruction, high-quality teachers, and great facilities.
Families interested in having their child attend a choice program are required to complete an online application at www.rock-hill.k12.sc.us/choice before February 28, 2021. District staff will send acceptance and placement information to families who applied in early March.