4-Year-Old Kindergarten Registration
Please only use this application for 4-Year-Old Kindergarten. Applications for any other grade submitted using this packet will not be processed.
Rock Hill Schools offers needs-based and tuition-based programs available at the following schools: all Title I Elementary Schools offer full-day 4K (list of schools designated as Title I can vary year to year), Old Pointe Elementary (tuition-based), Ebenezer Avenue Montessori (tuition-based with limited scholarships available), and the Central Child Development Center and Applied Technology Center which offer morning and afternoon half-day 4K programs.
To apply, print the 4-Year-Old Kindergarten application packet and turn in at school. Once your application is processed, you will be contacted to schedule a screening for your child to determine need and placement in the program. Tuition-based programs are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
New Students & 5-Year-Old Kindergarten Registration
Click the blue button to begin New Student Registration.
Students who have NEVER previously enrolled in Rock Hill Schools, begin the registration process today!
Determine the school zone for your student.
- Need help? Visit our School Zone Locator to find your school.
Gather the following documents for each student you wish to register:
- Student birth certificate (must be the Long Form)
- Immunization Records
- Proof of Residency
- Previous transcripts
- Release from Previous School
CHECK: If your child is currently enrolled in a 4-year-old kindergarten program at ANY school within the Rock Hill School District, please DO NOT proceed. You should use the Returning Student Registration (GREEN button).
Begin registration. Click BLUE registration button.
Click "Start" to enter the Gateway and begin the registration process.
Visit your child's school to provide required documents.
- Legal Long Form Birth Certificate
- Immunization Record
- Proof of Residence*
- If applicable, custodial court order
- Withdrawal Form from Previous School
- Name and Address of Previous School
- Last Report Card or Unofficial Transcript
Part 1: Visit www.rock-hill.k12.sc.us/register. The online registration system is available in English and Spanish. During the registration process, you will need your student’s emergency contacts, phone number(s), transportation, and more.
Part 2: At your child's school, you will be required to provide required documents, including an accepted Proof of Residence document, to complete the registration and enrollment process.
- Accepted Proof of Residence documents must be current within the last 90 days and could be: Electric Bill, Gas Bill, or a Rental or Lease Agreement.
- The top portion of the bill showing the parent or legal guardian's name and the service address of the residence being confirmed is required.