Requirements Explained

  • Qualifications for Attendance

    According to South Carolina Chapter 63: Article 1.Section 59-63-30 Qualifications for Attendance: Children within the ages prescribed by Section 59-63-20 shall be entitled to attend the public schools of any school district, without charge, only if qualified under the following provision of this section:

    • Such child resides with its parent or legal guardian;
    • The parent or legal guardian, with whom the child resides, is a resident of such school district;
    • The child has not been guilty of infraction of the rules of conduct promulgated by the trustees of such school district pursuant to Section 59-19-90.


    Grades K – 12: Parents have 30 days to produce the immunization record, but the birth certificate must be provided at the time of registration. After that grace period for immunization record, students will not be allowed to attend school until documentation is provided that all immunization is up to date.

    Immunization records from other states will be accepted if child's vaccines are up to date. The school nurse will assist parents with conversion to SC documentation.

    When registering for kindergarten, parents must have the legal birth certificate which includes the certificate number, or other proof of age, (birth record, physician record).


    To enroll in Rock Hill School District Three the school must have proof of residence.

    Proof of residence can be established with the following documents:

    • Electric Bill (Top portion showing the billing address of the residence being confirmed from previous month’s bill.)
    • Gas Bill (Top portion showing the billing address of the residence being confirmed from previous month’s bill.)
    • Rental or Lease Agreement

    If the student resides in a household that is not leased or owned by the parent and/or guardian, documentation to establish residency in Rock Hill must be acquired in the Office of Student Services for Rock Hill Schools.

    Please download and complete the Residency Verification Form from Student ServicesFor questions please contact the Office of Student Services at 803-981-1041.