New to the district?
Follow these steps to enroll your child.
Children can be enrolled in any elementary school on school days between 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m
To enroll students, parents are expected to provide the following:
- Legal Birth Certificate, including certificate number or other proof of age, (birth record,physician record)
- Immunization Record
- Proof of Residence (current - within the last 90 days)
- Withdrawal form from previous school
- Last report card for grades 1st-8th or unofficial transcript for high school students
- Discipline Record; suspension or expulsion record
According to South Carolina Chapter 63: Article 1.Section 59-63-30 Qualifications for Attendance: Children within the ages prescribed by Section 59-63-20 shall be entitled to attend the public schools of any school district, without charge, only if qualified under the following provision of this section:
- Such child resides with its parent or legal guardian;
- The parent or legal guardian, with whom the child resides, is a resident of such school district;
- The child has not been guilty of infraction of the rules of conduct promulgated by the trustees of such school district pursuant to Section 59-19-90.
RESIDENCY: To enroll in Rock Hill School District Three the school must have proof of residence.
Proof of residence can be established with the following documents:
- Electric Bill (Top portion showing the billing address of the residence being confirmed from previous month’s bill.)
- Gas Bill (Top portion showing the billing address of the residence being confirmed from previous month’s bill.)
- Rental or Lease Agreement
If the student resides in a household which is not leased or owned by the parent and/or guardian, documentation to establish residency in Rock Hill must be acquired in the Office of Student Services for Rock Hill Schools. You can contact the Office of Student Services at 803-981-1041.
Grades K – 12:
- Parents have 30 days to produce the immunization record, but the birth certificate must be provided at the time of registration. After that grace period for immunization record, students will not be allowed to attend school until documentation is provided that all immunization is up to date.
- Immunization records from other states will be accepted. The school nurse will assist parents with conversion to SC documentation.
When registering for kindergarten, parents must have the legal birth certificate which includes the certificate number, or other proof of age, (birth record, physician record).
Families, who are not currently zoned for a school with a 4K program, should register at the Central Child Development Center or the Applied Technology Center between 8:00 and 3:00 or at the District Office at 660 N. Anderson Road between 3:00 and 5:00.
- 2016-2017 Bilingual Enrollment Form final Rev 4-20-16.pdf
- SC Early Childhood Parent Questionnaire Bilingual 1-11-16.pdf (All kindergarten and first grade students who are new to the Rock Hill Schools need to complete this form.)
Review age requirements.
- Children must be age four on or by September 1st to attend classes for four-year-olds.
- Children must be age five on or by September 1st to attend classes for five-year-olds.
- To attend first grade, children must be age six on or by September 1st.