Registration for Adult Ed classes are ongoing and start with a two-day assessment in the TABE (Test of Adult Basic Education) and Ready to Work assessments.
ALL students who are interested in attending Adult Education Classes must attend an Informational Registration Meeting that is held each week on Mondays noon-1PM OR 7-8PM OR Wednesday noon -1 PM.
Prospective Students are expected to:
- Call 803-981-1375 for an appointment and seat for the Informational/Registration Meeting.
- Be aware that there are 2 days of initial assessments that may take up to 3 hours each.
- Be here 15 minutes early to complete registration paperwork.
- Bring $20 Cash or Money order for the assessments.
- Present a Valid Photo ID at registration. (State Driver's license, Passport, State ID)
- Know their Social Security Number
- Plan to Assess for 3 hours on Monday AND Tuesday.
- Notify Rock Hill Adult Ed Assessment Administrator of any testing modifications that may be needed prior to the assessment. (Please bring any documents supporting modifications needed)
Who is eligible for Adult Education?
- Eligibility Requirements. To take the GED test in South Carolina if you're under 19, you must provide an official withdrawal form from the high school you previously attended.
- See your High School administrator.
When can I register for Adult Ed?
- Please call 803-981-1375 to save your seat for the Informational/Registration meeting.
- Students will be assigned an assessment seat based on their availability to begin the process.
- Once assigned, assessment times are 9:00 AM or 5:00 PM.
- Adults need to prepare to be here for 3 hours on both Monday AND Tuesday of the beginning assessment phase.
When do classes begin?
- New students will begin classes the Monday following the week they assess.
What are the fees associated with Adult Ed?
- There is a $20 class session fee that is due when classes begin. Additional testing fees for GED-ready and GED sub-tests are $6 each and $37.50 each, respectively.
- We have many community partners that may offer financial assistance, child care assistance, and/or transportation assistance to those who are eligible.
- In addition, scholarships are available for eligible participants.