- Belleview Elementary School
February Letter from Mr. Hood
Dear Belleview Families,
Please read the information and items of concern listed below for all parents and guardians. Thank you in advance for your support of these items. Below is Belleview’s information for February.
- Thank you, parents, students, and Belleview staff for helping us stay safe and continue in-person instruction this year. Let’s continue to work together following the safety measures as we battle against COVID-19.
- Rock Hill School District’s Choice Application Process is currently open until February 28, 2021. For more information on School Choice options, please visit https://www.rock-hill.k12.sc.us/choice on the Rock Hill School District webpage.
- You can now submit student absence documentation using email. Parents can email the absence excuse and/or documentation to BVAbsenceDocumentation@rhmail.org . The link below will take you to the Belleview website’s page on student attendance that has important information. https://www.rockhill.k12.sc.us/Page/8740
- For rising 6th graders and their parents, Rock Hill School District Middle Schools are holding a Rising 6th Grader Orientation on February 11, 2021. Be on the lookout for more information soon.
- We want to make your child become a whiz at math and understand how math is everywhere in our lives? We have a few tricks up our sleeve for families to explore ways to provide activities to get numbers to make sense! Families will receive materials, a list of websites, and have fun with math! On February 18, 2021 at 6PM, we will have our Math Magic Night, a virtual Title I event. Each child receives a free book with the completion of the parent evaluation at the end of the Zoom meeting. Registration for the virtual event will be out soon.
From Ms. Bennet, BVES School Counselor - The Counselor’s Cozy Corner
- Greetings BVES families! January was a busy month here at school. We celebrated IALAC Day on Friday, January 29th. IALAC stands for I Am Lovable And Capable. Throughout the month, we spent time focusing on the unique and special qualities that every person possesses. When someone feels lovable and capable this lends itself to being more productive with tasks and getting along better with others. Our character word for January was caring. We are continuing to talk about this character trait as Warm Fuzzy Month is during February. Warm Fuzzy Day will be held on Friday, February 26th. Warm Fuzzies symbolize kind and thoughtful things that we say and do for others. Each student and staff member will receive a warm fuzzy to wear on the 26th to remind us to always show our caring nature to others each and every day. Our character word for February is trustworthiness. People are honest and loyal. They are reliable and do what they say they are going to do. They have the courage to do the right thing, especially when the right thing is hard to do. During classroom counseling this month we will be talking about “warm fuzzies” and we will focus on strategies to resolve conflict or prevent it from happening in the first place. Here are several strategies that we are working on and practicing:
Listening - Asking Questions - Not Blaming
Trying Different Ideas Using Our Words instead of fighting
- Following RHSD3 Board Policy, Belleview Elementary will not accept transportation changes over the phone except for extreme emergencies such as medical situations or family crisis. Parents must send in written transportation changes the morning of the change (or sooner) or make the request in person before 1:50PM. A portion of the RHSD3 School Board Policy JBIL is below: For early or otherwise irregular dismissal the principal will authorize release only when it is requested in person or in writing by the student's parent/legal guardian.
- Please be sure to visit Belleview’s website (https://www.rock-hill.k12.sc.us/Belleview) and Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/BelleviewElementarySchool/) to stay up to date on the latest school information.
Important dates for February and March:
1-5 National Counselors Week
4 First Semester ends / End of 2nd 9 weeks
5 Teacher Work Day – No school for students
8 Second Semester begins
8 Spirit Monday – Red or Pink Day
8-12 Bus Driver Appreciation Week
16 Report Cards sent home
18 Math Magic (A Title I virtual event) @ 6PM
22 Spirit Monday –Plaid and Flannel Day
1 Spirit Monday –Book Character Day – dress up like your favorite book character
8-11 Progress Reports go home this week
8 Spirit Monday –Twinning Day – dress like a friend
11 Early Release Day @ 11AM
12 Teacher PD Day / No School for Students
15 Spirit Monday –wear your lucky shirt
22 Spirit Monday –March Madness Day -wear your favorite basketball or cheerleader shirt
29 Spirit Monday –March Madness Day - wear your favorite basketball or cheerleader shirt
Kevin A. Hood