- Belleview Elementary School
September Letter from Mr. Hood
Dear Belleview Families,
Please read the information and items of concern listed below for all parents and guardians. Thank you in advance for your support of these items. Below is Belleview’s information for September.
- Thank you parents and students for your attendance during our LEAP Days. Thank you also to our Virtual Academy Belleview Wildcat students and parents. Our Virtual Academy students came for MAP testing and did their very best. Finally, thanks to the Belleview staff for all of the preparation as we begin the 2020-21 school year. We know this will be a different kind of school year. By working together, we can make this year successful for our Belleview students and staff!
- Parents, remember to please speak with your child about the changes that are taking place this year. Please remind your child that masks are required to be worn by all students while in the building. Also, please remind your child that we will observe social distancing while in school. We know that these are major changes, but these changes are needed to help keep everyone as safe from COVID-19 as possible.
- As we have our first “A” and “B” days on Thursday (9/3) and Friday (9/4), please be sure that your child knows how he/she is going home each day. If you were unable to attend an orientation session and your child’s teacher does not know how your child goes home each day, please send in a note to your child’s teacher informing her/him of your child’s transportation plan. There is no school on Monday, September 7, 2020 as we observe Labor Day.
- Following RHSD3 Board Policy, Belleview Elementary will not accept transportation changes over the phone except for extreme emergencies such as medical situations or family crisis. Parents must send in written transportation changes the morning of the change (or sooner) or make the request in person before 1:50PM.A portion of the RHSD3 School Board Policy JBIL is below:
For early or otherwise irregular dismissal the principal will authorize release only when it is requested in person or in writing by the student's parent/legal guardian.
- Belleview Elementary would like to expand its PTO and School Improvement Council (SIC). We need parents involved in both organizations. With combined PTO and SIC meetings, parents can be a part of both organizations while attending one meeting. Please contact your child’s teacher or Mr. Hood (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are willing to serve on one or both these important and vital school organizations.
- For the 2020-21school year, we are continuing Class Dojo as a method of recognizing positive student behavior and communicating with parents. If you have not signed up for Class Dojo, please contact your child’s teacher to sign up.
- Attached to this email is the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) School Exclusion Checklist. If your child feels ill, please be sure to reference the checklist before sending him/her to school. Also, I have attached the RHSD Mobile Computing Guide. This guide is for families who children will be issued a RHSD laptop.
- Please be sure to visit Belleview’s website (https://www.rock-hill.k12.sc.us/Belleview) and Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/BelleviewElementarySchool/) to stay up to date on the latest school information. Currently on the Belleview Facebook and webpage is the Back to School letter with valuable information as we begin the 2020-21 school year. You can also download the Rock Hill School District Three app to stay up on all district information and events.
Kevin A. Hood