- Belleview Elementary School
Principal's January Message
Dear Belleview Families,
Please read the information and items of concern listed below for all parents and guardians. Thank you in advance for your support of these items Thank you also for your support during this first half of the school year. Looking forward to your continued support in 2020. Below is Belleview’s information for January.
- Each month, we will have a character word of the month. January’s word is Respect. All throughout the month, we will look for students who are displaying respect to others and respecting themselves.
- As the temperatures begin to get colder in the morning, we are having more students arriving late school. Please continue to have your students at school by 7:40AM so that they can be in class by 7:45AM.
Information from the previous Principal’s Message
- We now have a Twitter account. Please follow us on Twitter @Wildcats501 or search BVESWildcats501! on Twitter. Thank you in advance for following us!
- Our 2019-2020 Belleview Student Handbook is available on our Belleview website and Facebook page. In order to save funds, we will not print many student handbooks. If you would like a hard copy of the student handbook, please inform your child’s teacher and we will get a student handbook to you soon.
- Following RHSD3 Board Policy, Belleview Elementary will not accept transportation changes over the phone except for extreme emergencies such as medical situations or family crisis. Parents must send in written transportation changes the morning of the change (or sooner) or make the request in person before 1:50PM. A portion of the RHSD3 School Board Policy JBIL is below:
For early or otherwise irregular dismissal the principal will authorize release only when it is requested in person or in writing by the student's parent/legal guardian.
- If you would like to volunteer at school, for example as a field trip chaperone or classroom helper, you will need to complete a school volunteer form. If you completed a volunteer form in the past, it expires every two (2) years. The link to complete the volunteer form is on the Rock Hill School District website homepage under Quick Links. I have included a direct link to the form here: https://www.rockk12.sc.us/Page/1188
- Many times, students leave behind their lunch boxes and jackets, thus they become lost. Please place your child’s name on his/her possessions so that we can easily return the item to them.
- Please be sure to visit Belleview’s website ( http://bv.rock-k12.sc.us/ ) and Facebook page ( https://www.facebook.com/BelleviewElementarySchool/ ) to stay up to date on the latest school information. You can also download the Rock Hill School District Three app to stay up on all district information and events.
Important Dates for January and February:
17 Terrific Kid Ceremony @ 8AM
17 4th Grade Swimming (make-up day)
17 CBI Special Olympics Bowling Trip
20 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday – no school
23 1st Grade to Culture & Heritage Museum
- Nifty Fifty Numbers (A Title I event) @ 5:30PM
- Dental Van
7 Terrific Kid Ceremony @ 8AM
- Progress Reports go home this week
- 4th Grade Field Trip to Ovens Auditorium for Performance of Harriet Tubman and the Underground Railroad
14 Valentine’s Day Celebrations
17 President’s Day Holiday – no school
20 Jump Up Day for CHMS (5th graders)
25 Sonny’s BBQ Spirit Night 5PM – 8PM
Kevin A. Hood