- Belleview Elementary School
Principal's August and September Message
Dear Belleview Families,
Please read the information and items of concern listed below for all parents and guardians. Thank you in advance for your support of these items. Below is Belleview’s information for September.
- Thank you parents, students and staff for a super start to the 2019-2020 school year. Thank you for your patience with our student pick-up and dismissal during the first week of school. As the week moved on, students adjusted to the procedures and the time it took to load buses and cars decreased. Thank you again for a great start to the 2019-2020 school year.
- Our 2019-2020 Belleview Student Handbook is available on our Belleview website and Facebook page. In order to save funds, we will not print many student handbooks. If you would like a hard copy of the student handbook, please inform your child’s teacher and we will get a student handbook to you soon.
- Following RHSD3 Board Policy, Belleview Elementary will not accept transportation changes over the phone except for extreme emergencies such as medical situations or family crisis. Parents must send in written transportation changes the morning of the change (or sooner) or make the request in person before 1:50PM. A portion of the RHSD3 School Board Policy JBIL is below: For early or otherwise irregular dismissal the principal will authorize release only when it is requested in person or in writing by the student's parent/legal guardian.
- If you would like to volunteer at school, for example as a field trip chaperone or classroom helper, you will need to complete a school volunteer form. If you completed a volunteer form in the past, it expires every two (2) years. The link to complete the volunteer form is on the Rock Hill School District website homepage under Quick Links. I have included a direct link to the form here: Volunteer
- Belleview Elementary would like to expand its PTO and School Improvement Council (SIC). We need parents involved in both organizations. With combined PTO and SIC meetings, parents can be a part of both organizations while attending one meeting. Please contact your child’s teacher or Mr. Hood (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are willing to serve on one or both these important and vital school organizations.
- This year, we are continuing with Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS). For the 2019-20 school year, we are continuing Class Dojo as a method of recognizing positive student behavior and communicating with parents. If you have not signed up for Class Dojo, please contact your child’s teacher to sign up. Attached to this email, you will find the BVES PBIS Behavior Matrix so that you are aware of our expectations in different areas of school.
- This year, we will also continue our Belleview Visitor’s Policy. New this year is the Rock Hill School District Snack list. The snack list is for parents who wish to bring food or snack items for the class. The items have to be on the approved snack list.
- Many times, students leave behind their lunch boxes and jackets, thus they become lost. Please place your child’s name on his/her possessions so that we can easily return the item to them.
- Please be sure to visit Belleview’s website and Facebook page to stay up to date on the latest school information. You can also download the Rock Hill School District Three app to stay up on all district information and events.
Important Dates for August, September and October:
28 Boy / Cub Scouting Night @ 6:30PM in cafeteria
2 Labor Day holiday
3 Night at the Museum of York County (Title I) 4:00PM – 7:00PM
16 Progress Reports go home this week
24 What Does the Electric Slide, the Hokey Pokey, and Reading Have in Common (Title I event for entire family) @ 6PM
25 Sonny’s BBQ Spirit Night 5PM – 8PM
18 End of 1st Nine Weeks
21 No School for Students / Teacher Day
28 Report Cards
Kevin A. Hood