STUDENT-OWNED ELECTRONIC DEVICE AGREEMENT
In response to requests to use your personal electronic device (PED*) during the school day, you agree to abide by the following requirements. Any violation of this agreement may result in suspension of this privilege and/or disciplinary action.
- The sole purpose for the use of the PED during the school day is for educational reasons.
- The PED is only to be used during the instructional class period with express permission of the classroom teacher. This may mean that the device will be permitted for some instructional activities but not for all. The student must comply with all district policies and procedures, including the district's Student Behavior Code and Policy JICJ (Use of Cell Phones, Personal Electronic Devices in School/Use of Technology in School), when using the PED.
- Students must connect to the district’s guest WIFI. By doing so students access the district’s Internet filters.
- The Rock Hill School District (RHSD) will NOT provide any support for the PED at any time.
- ALL PED’S ARE BROUGHT TO SCHOOL AT THE OWNER’S RISK. NEITHER RHSD NOR THE SCHOOL IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THEFT OR DAMAGE TO THE PED.
Use of the PED for unauthorized gaming is prohibited on school property.
The recording of audio or video images in locker rooms or restrooms is prohibited.
Recording audio or video images on school property without permission is prohibited.
Administrators may ban an individual from using a PED as deemed necessary. PED may be confiscated at any time if these guidelines are not followed. Return of the device is contingent on the outcome of a meeting with student and parent.
*A PED is any personal electronic device.
NOTE: Personal belongings subject to search pursuant to State law and District Policy JIH (Student Interrogations, Searches and Arrests), may include PEDs.