Accidents, Emergencies and Medical Conditions
Every effort is made to prevent accidents. If an accident occurs, the procedure will be as follows:
- First aid will be administered by authorized school personnel.
- Parent(s) will be called, if the accident is considered serious, or if the child is uncomfortable.
- School faculty and staff will follow directions provided by the parents on the Enrollment Card and consent forms to secure an individual to pick the child up from school or to secure emergency medical treatment if needed, in the event that we are unable to reach a parent.
Note: Please make certain that we are aware of medical and allergic conditions. Make sure a contact person can be reached at all times. It is critical to have working phone numbers for every student at Ebinport. When children have been sick the previous night, please check them carefully before sending them to school. A student should be fever/vomit free for 24 hours before returning to school after illness.
If under exceptional circumstances a child is required to receive medication during school hours and the parent cannot be at school to administer the medication, the medication will be administered by the school nurse. The regulations for administering medication at school are as follows:
- Students should not bring any type of medicine to school. School personnel can not give over the counter medication, please contact the nurse if more information is needed.
- Parents must bring all medication to the school office and complete the appropriate paperwork. All prescriptions will require a physician’s signature.
- Prescribed medication is only dispensed through the office or school nurse and must be brought to school in the original packaging from the doctor’s office or pharmacy.
Parents of the child must assume responsibility for informing the school of any change in the child’s health or change in medication. (Note: The school district retains the discretion to reject requests for administration of medication.)