We welcome you, our Phoenix student, to the Phoenix Academy family. Our family continues to grow. We have served several thousand students since we first opened our doors during the 2003-2004 school year. During that time, we have served students who needed to get caught back up with their cohort, desired to graduate early, needed a flexible schedule, or simply wanted to study in a smaller learning environment.
All students have the opportunity to thrive, within our nurturing environment, and with our caring staff. All teachers are highly qualified, within their areas of content, and could teach anywhere they would like within the state and our district. However, each teacher has selected to become a part of the Phoenix family and work with you.
Whatever the reason you are coming to Phoenix, you are welcome.
Some friendly reminders for Phoenix Academy Students:
- Be sure your ID badge is on your person and displayed correctly.
- Your phone should be OFF during class times.
- Students are NOT ALLOWED TO LEAVE CAMPUS while in school. This means once you set foot on campus, the only way you are dismissed is if you attend ATC/another school or you have a parent/guardian sign you out.
- Staff members will wear a face covering/mask while on district property or conducting business on behalf of the district.
- All students, Pre-K through 12th grade, will wear face coverings/masks while on district property, on district transportation, or attending a school related activity (e.g. athletic events, etc.).
- For practical purposes face coverings/masks may be removed on a limited basis for the following activities: Mealtimes, Outdoor recess where students can maintain a physical distance of at least six (6) feet, Administration of medication, Children younger than 2 years old, Anyone who has trouble breathing due to a medical emergency, and Anyone who is unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance.
- Failure or refusal to wear a face covering/mask by a staff member or student may result in discipline in accordance with district policy and codes of conduct, as applicable.
Prospective Phoenix Student
If you are interested in becoming a student here at The Phoenix Academy, you will need to contact your home school (NWHS, RHHS, or SPHS) guidance counselor. The counselor should have an application for you to complete. That application will be turned in here at The Phoenix Academy. From there, your academic and behavior records will be reviewed. If it is decided you will be a good prospective student, your parent or guardian will receive a phone call to set up an intake interview. If you would like to have the application completed and then turn it in to your counselor, please click HERE.
Please be sure you understand the environment of The Phoenix Academy: it is self-paced and students work independently. If you are able to focus and manage your time in order to earn credits, then you should fit right in. However, if you feel you learn better with a teacher instructing you and need the traditional classroom environment, then Phoenix may not be for you.