Positive Behavior Interventions & Supports:
- Improves student outcomes
- Reduces exclusionary discipline
- Improves teacher outcomes
Rock Hill Schools uses PBIS as one strategy to manage student behavior. At RRMS we have a PBIS Focus group of staff members who consult with the other adults and students in the building to identify behavior needs and expectations. Here is a link to our school-wide expectations Raider Way 23-24 - These posters are featured throughout the building and in all classrooms!
Read more about the mission and purpose of PBIS here.
Here are some of the planned PBIS Incentives and Activities for the 2023-24 school year:
- Beautiful Restroom - Team that keeps up the best restroom earns a Popcorn Bar
- Raider Cave - individual classes meeting hallway expectations and classroom expectations, which includes everyone turning in their assignments
- Raider Chain - represents the grade level that exhibits transition expectations when no one is looking (except the cameras)
- Progress Report - return signed progress report by the deadline and sign up for a special recess activity with friends
- Leader of the Week - students on each team exhibiting one of the 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens (more here)