Castle Heights Dress Code 2017-2018
(Adopted on August 9, 2018 for the 2018-2019 school year)
- Shirts must have a collar and sleeves. Shirts can be any solid color. Styles of shirt may include golf shirts, button-down shirts, or blouses. (Knit tops without buttons or that are low-cut in front are not acceptable.) Shirts must be long enough to be tucked in. Shirts with zippers or clips across the front, rather than buttons, or those without buttons, are not allowed. Shirts should be buttoned within one button from the top and may not be unbuttoned or open over tank tops or T-shirts. A solid color short-sleeved or long-sleeved T-shirt may be worn under the collared shirt. Visible long-sleeved thermal underwear or chemises are not appropriate.
- Pants, skirts, shorts, capris, and skorts must be solid black, navy or khaki in color. Wind pants, sweat pants or suits, denim jeans, corduroy material, or athletic/biker’s shorts are not permitted. Leggings in dress code colors, in place of pants or shorts, are not acceptable except under dresses or skirts. Dresses or jumpers which meet the dress code standards are also permitted.
- All pants, skirts, and shorts must be worn at the waist. (Low-rise trousers or pants are not acceptable.) Shorts and skirts must be no shorter than the student’s fingertips when his/her arms are held at the sides.
- Sweaters, light jackets, or sweatshirts with no more than two colors and with logos no larger than a quarter, may be worn if worn with a collared shirt. Heavy, quilted or leather coats may not be worn inside the building. (two colors are exclusive of prints, and all over stripes)
- Shirts, pants, sweaters, and jackets should not have advertising, writing or logos larger than a quarter. An exception to this is the Castle Heights logo.
- Caps and hats may be worn to school but must be stored in lockers during the school day. Headgear such as caps, hats, scarves, stocking caps, bandanas, headbands, or other head coverings are not permitted for male or female students. (hoods on hoodies should not be worn in the building; students should be prepared to place hoodies in locker if hood is worn in the building)
- Shoes such as shower shoes, plastic or rubber sandals or flip-flops, and those with spiked or very high heels may not be worn. Bedroom shoes may not be worn to school.
- Students’ hair must be neat and well groomed. No hair rollers, picks, or combs are allowed while in school.
- Clothing should be worn with appropriate underclothing and undergarments should not be visible. Clothing must be size appropriate, and deliberately tattered or torn clothing is not appropriate.
- Students are to avoid any clothing, hair style, or personal appearance that disrupts the instructional process.