Castle Heights Dress Code 2019-2020
1. Shirts must have a collar and sleeves. Shirts can be any solid color. Styles of shirt may include golf shirts, button-down shirts, or blouses. (Knit tops without buttons or that are low-cut in front are not acceptable.) Shirts must be long enough to be tucked in. Shirts with zippers or clips across the front, rather than buttons, or those without buttons, are not allowed. Shirts should be buttoned and may not be unbuttoned or open over tank tops or T-shirts. A solid color short-sleeved or long-sleeved T-shirt may be worn under the collared shirt. Visible long-sleeved thermal underwear or chemises are not appropriate.
2. Pants, skirts, shorts, capris, and skorts must be solid black, navy or khaki in color. Wind pants, sweat pants or suits, denim jeans, corduroy material, or athletic/biker’s shorts are not permitted. Leggings in dress code colors, in place of pants or shorts, are not acceptable except under dresses or skirts. Dresses or jumpers which meet the dress code standards are also permitted.
3. All pants, skirts, and shorts must be worn at the waist. (Low-rise trousers or pants are not acceptable.) All shorts and skirts should be worn no shorter than four inches from the knee.
4. Solid color sweatshirts, hoodies, sweaters, or sweater vests with no logos may be worn, if worn over a collared shirt (collar must be showing). Students may also wear the school purchased Castle Heights jacket in the building during the school day. Heavy, quilted or leather coats may not be worn inside the building.
5. Heavy or bulky outerwear (coats and jackets) should be locked in lockers during class time. If students are headed to outside lunch, all coats and outside jackets must be carried and put on when they get outside. Students should place these items back in their lockers upon return.
6. Sweatshirts, sweaters, sweater vests and hoodies should be solid color and should not have advertising, writing or logos. An exception to this is the Castle Heights logo on the Castle Heights jacket.
7. Caps, hats and sunglasses may be worn to school but must be stored in lockers during the school day. Headgear such as stocking caps, and bandanas, are not permitted for male or female students.
8. For safety reasons shoes such as bedroom shoes, shower shoes, plastic or rubber sandals or flip-flops, and those with spiked or very high heels should not be worn. We suggest that shoes, including sandals, have a back or heel strap that secures the foot.
9. Students’ hair must be neat and well groomed. No hair rollers, picks, or combs are allowed while in school.
10. Clothing should be worn with appropriate underclothing and undergarments should not be visible. Clothing must be size appropriate, and deliberately tattered or torn clothing is not appropriate.
11. Students are to avoid any clothing, hair style, or personal appearance that disrupts the instructional process.
If necessary, the administrative staff will meet to approve any attire not covered by the dress code. The principal reserves the right to waive any of these rules for special days, events, and occasions as predetermined and adequately communicated to students, parents/guardians, and staff.
Click here to download a printable version of the CHMS 2019 - 2020 Dress Code.