NSES Title I Parent and Family Engagement Sessions for 2020-2021
The ideas for the sessions below are based on the feedback from the evaluation, surveys, and feedback forms from parents and families. We are incorporating these ideas into the events below.
- Literacy Lunch – September 22nd
Literacy Picnic/Breakfast with Books:
Virtual: Adults will receive information on building fluency, prompts to help a child when they do not know a word, the different stages of reading, and helping your child with writing as well as links to other helpful literacy information in an online format. At the end of the session the families will be encouraged to have a “literacy” picnic at home and read together during the next week. Families will be asked to send in pictures to us and their school of their literacy picnic.
- Title I Open Meeting (Virtual) – October 24th 5:30 – 6:00pm – The purpose of this meeting is to provide information about Title I and how parents may be involved in their child’s education.
- School Level Title I Parent & Family Engagement Meeting Breakfast – November 5th from 8:15 until 9:15am. All parents and families will be invited to attend a discussion of parent involvement, academics, and school activities. The principal, assistant principal, Title I teacher specialists, district literacy and math coaches, and technology instructional specialist will attend the meeting to discuss parents’ ideas. Families will take books home for each child represented.
- Family Math Night February 25th @ 5:30pm – Northside’s Math Coach will explain and demonstrate how to use the math manipulative packets that were provided by the School District. Our Principal will request feedback from parents through her SMORE Update, SIC Team and PTA Team. This feedback will be used to guide the needs of parent support in the area of math.
- Summer Lunch and Learn. – April 21st from 11:00am until 12:00 noon. We will have an end of the year Lunch and Learn to give parents and families activities for the summer. Parents will attend the first 30 minutes without the children; then parents and children will eat together during the last half hour. All students attending will receive books to add to their home libraries.