Library Media Center Hours:
The mission of the library media program is to ensure that students and staff are effective users of ideas and information. This mission is accomplished:
- by providing intellectual and physical access to materials in all formats
- by providing instruction to foster competence and stimulate interest in reading, viewing, and using information and ideas
- by working with other educators to design learning strategies to meet the needs of individual students.
Books may be checked out for two weeks. Encyclopedias and magazines may be checked out for one week (Magazines without barcodes cannot be checked out). Overdue notices are sent out twice a month. There are no fines charged for overdue items, but prompt return of materials is expected. Children with overdue items may be restricted from further borrowing until the overdue books are returned or renewed.
- Kindergarten students may check out one book.
- First - Fifth graders may check out two books.
Lost or Damaged Books:
In the event that a book is lost or severely damaged, a student will be asked to pay the material’s replacement cost. A notice will be given to the student and then payment can be sent to the Library Media Specialist. (Checks are made out to MGES.). As soon as the account is cleared, the student's borrowing privileges will be restored. If lost materials which have been paid for are returned within one year, a full refund will be given.