District policy provides procedures for parents to request a school assignment outside of their residential school attendance zone. Transfer request criteria are as follows:
- Problems related to severe medical conditions documented on letterhead by a physician.
- Limited child care availability.
- Students assigned to out of zone school by Exceptional Student Services - siblings may apply for a transfer to the same out of zone school.
- Completion of last grade level at previously assigned school. Applies to students completing the 5th, 8th, or 12th grade only.
- Extraordinary circumstances involving sudden traumatic family situations. Documentation may be requested.
Due to considerable growth and school capacity concerns, requests based on convenience, proximity to a school, specific program, or conflicts within the school environment are not included in policy criteria and will not be approved.
To download the request application, click below: